This European Standard specifies requirements for steel butt-welding fittings (elbows and return bends, concentric and eccentric reducers, equal and reducing tees, dished ends and caps) made of wrought carbon steel and delivered without specific inspection. The fittings described in this European Standard do not fulfil specific design requirements; consequently they cannot be considered as conforming to the Essential Requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC of 29.05.1997).
- Standard33 pagesEnglish languagesale 10% offe-Library read for1 day
This Part of EN 10253 specifies the technical delivery requirements for seamless and welded butt welding fittings (elbows, concentric and eccentric reducers, equal and reducing tees, caps) made of carbon and alloy steel which are intended for pressure purposes at room temperature, at low temperature or at elevated temperatures, and for the transmission and distribution of fluids and gases.
- type of fittings ;
- type A : Butt-welding fittings with reduced pressure factor ;
- type B : Butt-welding fittings for use at full service pressure ;
- steel grades ;
- mechanical properties ;
- dimensions and tolerances ;
- requirements for inspection and testing ;
- inspection documents ;
- marking ;
- protection and packaging.
NOTE In the case of a harmonised supporting standard for materials, presumption of conformity to the ESRs is limited to technical data of materials in the standard and does not presume adequacy of the material to a specific item of equipment. Consequently it is essential that the technical data stated in the material standard be assessed against the design requirements of this specific item of equipment to verify that the ESRs of the PED are satisfied.
- Standard125 pagesEnglish languagesale 10% offe-Library read for1 day