This document specifies the assessment of characteristics for loose-fill expanded clay lightweight aggregate products (hereafter as: expanded clay LWA) intended to be used for application in civil engineering works.
This document covers the use of expanded clay LWA as:
- lightweight fill and insulation materials in embankments for roads, railways and other trafficked areas;
- lightweight backfill for structures.
This document specifies procedures for assessment and verification of constancy of performance (AVCP) of characteristics of the expanded clay LWA.
This document does not cover the expanded clay LWA:
- which are intended to be used as thermal insulation in- and under buildings (already covered in EN 14063-1:2004).
- Draft42 pagesEnglish languagesale 10% offe-Library read for1 day
This standard describes the product characteristics and includes procedures for testing, marking and labelling. This European Standard specifies the requirements for loose-fill expanded clay lightweight aggregate (expanded clay LWA) products for Civil Engineering Applications excluding the use as thermal insulation in and under buildings which are covered by European Standard EN 14063-1. The standard covers the use of expanded clay LWA as lightweight fill and insulation materials in embankments for roads, railways and other trafficked areas and as lightweight back fill for structures.This standard does not specify the required level of a given property to be achieved by a product to demonstrate fitness for purpose in a particular application. The levels required for a given application are to be found in regulations or non-conflicting standards.
- Draft45 pagesEnglish languagesale 10% offe-Library read for1 day